- Writer Travel ~ Santa Fe!
- September 25 - September 30, 2018
- Registration is now closed!!
- Check back for 2019!
- "Writing is the painting of the voice." ~Voltaire
An agent once told me that the one thing she looks for in a submission is a solid sense of voice. Craft can be taught, editors can be hired, but voice is the real deal. A command of voice and style proclaims to the reader that you can be trusted, that you know who you are and will lead them on a worthwhile journey to a place of truth. Mindful travel coupled with daily workshops on craft and creativity will help you develop your authentic voice.
- How do I know this? It happened to me! (Read about it here.)
- Travel is a powerful writing instructor, leading us somewhere that classes and seminars on craft can’t always do effectively. Travel leads us to self-knowledge.
- Self-knowledge strengthens voice.
- Surround yourself with other seekers and writers and feel your creativity and muse come to life with renewed vigor. This retreat is designed for all levels of experience whether you are exploring writing for the first time or are a seasoned veteran.
- Invest in yourself and join me in beautiful Santa Fe!
- _Our home away from home...
The retreat will unfold at El Paradero, a beautifully restored, 200 year-old farmhouse, Santa Fe's oldest inn, located in historic, downtown Santa Fe. This 15 room refuge is the perfect place for a meaningful and memorable New Mexican writer's retreat.
Writing is a calling, not a choice.